This project started as an initiative to help build a school in India; but in the past few months, this project has grown to reach borders we have not yet imagined. This project is now becoming a peace project. Habitat for Humanity international agreed to have this project with us this December. Habitat for Humanity India and Pakistan are in it as well.
Sometimes I wonder how this project is coming together but it seems like another Power is helping us and guiding us to keep going.
Adnan said this project is going beyond just us and I pray that I will keep growing to not just astonish us but impact the whole world to create service projects to change the world. One of my favorite quotes is by M. Gandhi “The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others”. I don’t know India. I was born in Nazareth and moved to Michigan in the year 2000. I have been doing service projects in Detroit, my community. But, I never imagined that I will be helping others across the world and going beyond borders so soon. It started from a student's dream that grew from an inspiration by another student that now is being connected to other students here and across the nation.
Through this project, I am going to learn among other, about India and Pakistan, about service and humanity and about myself and others. Even now in the planning stages, I am learning so much from my fellow students who I am working with for this project. I have been inspired by them all and they changed my perspective on so many things. In every step of this project a lesson is understood, a spark of inspiration occurs, and a birth of a new life.
Tomorrow we are having a meeting with students that are interested in being in this project and that are interested in helping us. I am so excited to see the new faces that will change the world in few months. I can’t wait to share this project with them with the help of the AWB Team.
“Be the change you want to see in the world” M. Gandhi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment